Hacked files includes informations like Social Security Numbers, address, password, email address, salaries for 47,000 Employees and Actors, that includes Seth Rogen, James Franco, Sylvester Stallone, Judd Apatow and Rebel Wilson.
The Wall Street Journal reported that the Sony hacking attack is getting worse. The report said that the data-security firm Identity Finder LLC analyzed 33,000 of the SPE documents and discover personal information, salaries and home addresses for individuals who are employed by Sony Pictures from as far back as 2000. All of the data analyzed by Identity Finder was stored in Microsoft Excel files without password protection.
The hackers who are taking credit for the hack and the posting online called themselves Guardians of Peace. Sony was first hit by cyberattack last November 24, 2014.
Also, an unidentified Reddit user posted an image allegedly from a Sony computer screen, which said "Hacked By #GOP
Warning: We've already warned you, and this is just the beginning.
We continue till our request be met.
We've obtained all your internal data including your secrets and top secrets.
If you don't obey us, we'll release data shown below to the world.
Determine what will you do till November the 24th, 11:00 PM(GMT).
It is suspected that the cyber-attack was done by North Korea or its supporters because of the Sony Pictures comedy movie "The Interview" starred by Seth Rogen and James Franco as TV reporters who are recruited to carry out an assassination attempt on North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. The movie is scheduled for release December 25.
The leaked also revealed the cost of the movie which is $44 million and Seth Rogen got $8.4 million, while Franco was paid $6.5 million.
The files containing the list of massive data allegedly was gathered from Sony Entertainment’s network contain a gigabyte of dumped text (638.4 and 397.8 megabytes, respectively). These includes:
- PDF files that apparently contain the passports, visas, and other associated identity documents of cast and crew for various Sony productions, such as actors Jonah Hill, Cameron Diaz, and Angelina Jolie (plus a file called Emmerich, Roland Greencard.pdf).
- Over 700 documents containing passwords, including spreadsheets and Word files titled “FTP passwords,” “ResearchPasswords," “ACCOUNTING PASSWORDS,” “Personal passwords,” and other files named for specific creative resource sites. There is also a file called “CA Breach Notification for User Names and Passwords (MoFo).pdf,” which someone at Sony will likely be referring to shortly.
- 179 Outlook archival .pst mailboxes, including the mail folder of an executive at Sony Pictures Releasing Canada, an IT Audit Supervisor at Sony, as well as many “archive.pst” and “backup.pst” files.
- Password protected documents—with their passwords in their names. (PASSWORD PALABRA SECRETA NISSAN.xlsx, PwC 2007 Report_PASSWORD_pwcemc60.pdf).
IT audit documents (PASSWORD EQUAL TO USER NAME.xls, ACCOUNTS WITHOUT PASSWORDS.xls).
- Sensitive business documents including film budgets (“JR_Accrued Mktg Cost 0513 - Evil Dead.xls”) and contract documents (“Cameron Diaz - Pre-approved Medical Rider.doc”).
- Personal credentials including private key files and 1Password database backups.
- Media files for television shows that aren’t Sony Pictures products and may have been pirated copies on an employee's desktop:
Adventure Time Her Parents.avi
Adventure Time The Silent King.avi
Adventure Time-2x09b-Susan Strong.avi
Adventure Time-2x11a-Belly of the Beast.avi
Here is the reddit thread about the Sony hacking